Bid Specs and Announcements
October 21, 2020
We continue to make progress on Schoolcraft Community Schools’ bond program! Here’s an update.
7/8 Grade (Junior High) Addition to High School
- Construction bidding is complete and a recommendation to the board was made at a special board meeting Monday, October 19, for the amount of $1,427,579. See the final recommendation package.
- Here is the technology bidding schedule:
- Request for bid distributed: October 15, 2020
- Pre-bid meeting: October 22, 2020, at 3:30 PM
- Intent to bids due: October 23, 2020, by 5:00 PM
- Question and clarification deadline: October 28, 2020, by 5:00 PM
- Public bids due: November 3, 2020, by 2:00 PM
- Recommendation to board: November 9, 2020 at school board meeting
- Furniture, fixtures, and equipment will be designed and bid in the upcoming months.
- Construction will begin November 9, weather permitting.
New Elementary PreK-6 Building
- The schematic design is complete, and Triangle (construction manager) is working on the schematic design cost estimate.
- The design development phase has begun with a deeper dive on focus groups (larger stakeholder groups for dedicated areas of the building such as food service, administrative offices, Pre K-2, Grades 3-6) to provide more detail to the design team so they can continue developing plans for the building.
- Site planning is being reviewed with a focus on bus and parent drop-off/pick-up, traffic flow in and out of the site, parking improvements, practice fields, tennis court location, and overall master planning of the school property.
- After many weeks of exploration, we have determined that the 7/8 competition gym will be located in the elementary PreK-6 building.
- Design of the outdoor athletic improvements will begin after the educational spaces and gymnasiums.
- We will continue to keep you informed about what’s happening with the bond program through:
- Regular email updates
- School board meetings
- South County News
- School website and app
- Schoolcraft Community Schools Facebook page
- Bond Updates for SCS Facebook page
- School newsletters (during the school year)
If you have questions about the bond program, please reach out to Jill VanDyken, Jennifer Gottschalk or Wade Rutkoskie at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support of our schools and students! Go Eagles!