August 11, 2020
Thank you to everyone for your patience and support as we continue to press forward on the bond program while the school plans for and implements our return to learn plan. We could not accomplish everything without your dedication and commitment! Here’s an update on what’s happening with the building projects.
Overall Project Status
- We continue to make great progress on our bond program with input from school administration and staff, as well as parents and volunteers.
7/8 Grade Addition to High School
- The 7/8 wing is moving along. We received a draft of the design documents last week, and everything is progressing nicely.
- Triangle will be going out for bid sometime this fall and will possibly break ground shortly thereafter.
- See renderings of the interior design of the addition.
New Elementary PreK-6 Building
- The elementary group narrowed down the design choices from 9 to 1.
- See the guiding principles for the elementary design.
- We continue to explore the best location for the gym in either the high school or new PreK-6 building.
- Design of the outdoor athletic improvements will begin after the educational spaces and gymnasiums.
We will continue to keep you informed about what’s happening with the bond program through:
- Regular email updates
- School board meetings
- South County News
- School website and app
- Schoolcraft Community Schools Facebook page
- Bond Updates for SCS Facebook page
- School newsletters (during the school year)
If you have questions about the bond program, please reach out to Jill VanDyken, Jennifer Gottschalk or Wade Rutkoskie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support of our schools and students! Go Eagles!