January 15, 2021
Happy new year! We hope it’s off to a great start for you.
We continue to make progress on Schoolcraft Community Schools’ bond program! Here’s an update.
Junior High (7/8 Grade Addition to High School)
- The construction crew has made great progress due to the mild weather. Masonry walls continue to be built as we get closer to completing the junior high wing. Check out the photos showing what the crew has accomplished.
- The completion date has now moved to mid-April because of a delay with some HVAC items due to unexpectedly long lead times.
- The project is still on budget.
New Elementary PreK-6 Building & 7/8 Gym
- The architect will complete the design development documents by January 22.
- Triangle will prepare a full design development budget to ensure we remain on budget with our design.
- The steering team reviewed some options for building finishes (colors and materials for flooring, paint and other elements of the building interior).
- Athletics is next to begin its design phase.
- We will continue to keep you informed about what’s happening with the bond program through:
- Regular email updates
- School board meetings
- School website and app
- Schoolcraft Community Schools Facebook page
- Bond Updates for SCS Facebook page
- School newsletters
If you have questions about the bond program, please reach out to Jill VanDyken, Jennifer Gottschalk or Wade Rutkoskie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support of our schools and students! Go Eagles!